Tempus MMA Specific Strength and Conditioning Program
Mixed martial arts requires a very different and unique type of conditioning when compared to other sports. Most sports that require maximal physical output in short bursts are often followed up with rest periods (Hockey, Basketball, Football etc)
MMA, however, requires maximal output of physical energy including strength and power, anaerobic endurance, AND aerobic endurance, with virtually NO rest for five minutes, and only 1 minute rests in between rounds.
While MMA is still relatively new, it is becoming more and more evident that success is linked not only to skill, but being stronger, faster and having better endurance then your opponent.
Until recently most MMA conditioning programs consisted of long runs, circuit training and maybe some kettle bells being swung around. This is not the optimal way to train for any sport, much less MMA. At Tempus, we believe that all aspects (Speed, Power, Strength and endurance) must be trained separately to have an optimal effect on your performance.
Let our experts show you how we can take your performance to the next level with our MMA Strength and Conditioning programs.
The workout consists of functionally sound strength training and conditioning with a strong focus on proper technique. The workout becomes progressively more challenging once basic techniques have been mastered. The groups are kept small, no more than 10 per group, to allow maximum individual attention.
- EXPLOSIVE POWER – Olympic Lifting, Plyometrics, Medicine Ball, sled work to generate the maximum amount of force in your punches, kicks, clinches and takedowns
- STRENGTH –Strength will help you take your opppenent down and keep them there. We use all the big lifts in a periodization program to get you as strong as possible in your weight class.
- MUSCULAR ENDURANCE– Our muscular endurance conditioning methods will make sure that you are as fresh in the end of the 5th round as you are at the beginning of the first. Go all out without being afraid of gassing.
- INJURY REDUCTION – Increase flexibility through myofascial release and dynamic stretching. Proper warm up and cool down instruction
- NUTRITION EDUCATION – Lessons, Tips and Advice on off-season nutrition and safe weight cutting techniques.
Our sessions will begin Tuesday March 8th and will be twice a week (Tuesday and Thursdays) for 8 weeks. Each session will begin with a physical assessment in order to be able to measure your progress and see which areas need to be focused on.
For more information or to sign up please contact Costa@Tempusperformance.com
|Group Size||10 athletes|
|Frequency||2x per week Tuesdays and Thursdays|
|Start||Tuesday March 8th 2011|
|End date||Thursday May 5th 2011|
|Session Duration||1 Hour|
|Includes||Speed training, Plyometrics, Strength training, and Muscular endurance workouts|
|Cost||$400.00 + HST|