Introducing the new Tempus Performance Athletic Conditioning facility opening May 14th in Scarborough! This new facility is going to be the first of its kind in Canada and will allow up and coming and established athletes to have access to Elite performance coaching and facility’s.
Why is Tempus Different?
Tempus is different because we are not just a gym where you come and train on your own. We are not a facility that prescribes to the latest fads. What we are is a facility that is designed and uses the top scientific methods and coaching to get you to your goals. Whether your goals are to get bigger, stronger, leaner, faster or better at your sport, this is the place to do it.
How it works
When you sign up you will be required to attend one of our fitness testing days. These days are designed to accomplish the following
A) Establish a baseline of your current fitness levels so we can measure your progress
B) Let our coaches know where any weaknesses or imbalances lie which will be corrected in your program
C) Group athletes of similar skill together
Once you have been placed in a group you will be assigned a training program and schedule that takes into account your goals and current skill level. Whenever you come into the facility your workout will be posted on the whiteboard and a handout will be available. Our coaches will be there to supervise your program and make sure everything is done with correct form with the appropriate intensity.
As you know we aren’t your regular “fitness facility”. We strive to create an intense environment that is results driven. In order to do that, we have a couple of house rules that need to be followed.
- Be intense and be serious. The only way to get results is to give everything you got at all times. We can have fun but remember we are all working at goals to be the best in what we do.
- Be positive. We want to create an atmosphere where we encourage others to be the best they can and perform at their top level
- Be consistent. The other key to results is consistency. If we find that you are missing too many workouts we will refund your membership so you can join a regular “fitness gym”. At Tempus we have a reputation for producing the results and we will not do anything to mess up that reputation.
- Cell phones left in locker-room unless you want them used in a dynamic throwing exercise
- Have fun. At the end of the day training with fellow athletes who have similar goals should be fun and that’s what we want everyone to have.
Do I need to be an elite athlete to join?
Absolutely not. While we do have elite athletes working at the facility everyone will be assigned a program based on their fitness level. You only need to come in and work your butt off. We cater to everyone from the beginner who has never lifted anything heavier than a beer can to the Elite athlete who gets paid to have people watch them play sports. Even though our facility is “Hardcore” we all support each other and encourage each other to be the best we can be. Negativity is not allowed.
How do I join?
Pretty easy. Just send an email to Costa@tempusperformance.com and tell me you’re interested. We can then schedule some time to have you come in and look around and discuss your goals and any questions you may have.
Please remember that this is a private facility and you must schedule an appointment ahead of time to check us out.
We look forward to seeing you at Tempus Performance and are excited to be the first facility of its kind in Canada!